Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sorry For The Delay...

Well, as suspected, returning to the working force has meant a dearth of posts - you know, commuting, working, commuting, making dinner, checking social network sites banned at work, catching up on emails banned at work, playing with child, playing with spouse, getting in a few tabletop baseball games from different eras, listening to my favorite baseball team play at home (i.e., 10:15 pm EDT start times), and finally, getting to sleep, blah, blah, blah...

(I know, I know...NO EXCUSES)

But, as I feel that a "routine" may be falling into place, I hope that will mean a little more time spent on letting my thoughts flow, and sharing it with an adoring public (or, at least, my family - thanks guys!)

*Since last we met, I've turned the page on another year; the "44" part of the title of this blog refers to my age; I did want to name it spf45, but, surprise, that name is ALREADY TAKEN! (Very nice pics, though...)

*Also, since last we met, we've crowned one Top Chef Master (go Marcus!),

*The regular Top Chef has started, with the cheftestants applying their expertise (or lack thereof) in the nations' capitol. And, for the first time, a former classmate of mine from the CCA (California Culinary Academy, or Can't Cook Anything) is one of the cheftestants (don't ask me about any anecdotes/potential blackmail stuff, because that was 15 years ago, and I honestly don't remember...).

*For a great recap of each Top Chef episode, my favorite blogger has started doing a weekly recap - check it out here.

*With the temperatures rising, I'm seeing more fruit at the market (a lot coming from Cali, BTW), and lobsters are all over the place ($4.99 a pound! Lobster roll, here we come!).

*In a couple of weeks, I'll be making my first foray down the shore in a couple of years, and it'll be so nice to get sun, sand, surf, pizza, GTL...

*Father's Day upcoming - think I'll save my thoughts for a stand-alone post...

No comments: