Thursday, April 22, 2010

And, so it begins...

Welcome! As a longtime blog lurker, this site will serve as sort of a litmus test; can a blog that will touch on a wide variety of subjects (San Francisco Bay Area sports teams (mostly), pop culture and food, food, food) keep the blogger on his toes, and will he maintain interest as this goes along. And, most importantly, will the blogger's move from his home town of San Francisco to Connecticut provide enough items to compare and contrast, or will he embrace the change wholeheartedly?

Or, will that first taste of severe winter weather render him mute...

We shall see.

For now, since I'm still on the left coast, I will continue packing, and maybe drop some opinions/knowledge prior to our departure - stuff like...

*My beloved San Francisco Giants have now lost 4 straight games, the offense seems to be in a funk, but, as I often tell my fellow fantasy baseball owners, it's all ebb and flow; plus TIM-MAY pitches next!


*After a long day of work and packing last night, Glee's Madonna episode took some of the edge off...


*Had a wonderful dinner at Dopo restaurant in Oakland tonight; started with a nice glass of Prosecco, followed by salumi/pate/antipasti, and finished with a really, REALLY good pizza topped with Guanciale and green garlic (perfectly thin crust, generously topped with the beloved cured pig jowls - pure bliss!)


(uh - this is the finished guanciale; not the pizza - didn't have my camera at the restaurant...)

Now, I'm not going to promise that every post will cover the S, P, and F at the same time (better than GTL, I know...), but I hope to keep you interested, and keep you reading.

Again, WELCOME!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Plenty of times that I almost quit blogging. But then again, I have kept a journal of some form since 1978.

Good luck!

Nels said...

Good luck on the move! Would love to hear about how you, as a native San Franciscan, adjust to life in Conn. and what you like and what you miss.